News:

U.S. Scale Masters Mission:
The U.S. Scale Masters Association is committed to the development and growth of Scale Aircraft Modeling by bringing people together to learn about the fascinating aspects of Aviation, Scale Realism, Competition, and Sportsmanship.

Main Menu

Three view stuff and more.

Started by Mel Santmyers, Fri, 10/28/11, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly

Hello Jeff,

I travel all over North America to contests and rarely see the local factor. What I do see is the lack of certified judges and a review for judges to take every couple of years. This lack of review/certification causes inconsistencies and variable results.

I to go for the fun of it and rely on CD's, pilots and judges to send in suggestions for improvements.

Agree on your 3-view comments, as long as they are published they are fine with me. Three views show detail that one may not find in photos.

If one is downgraded the judges should be giving a reason, if not, you get the points back. This should be a rule.

Thanks,
          Roly
Roly Worsfold
U.S.S.M.A - Area Director - British Columbia

Mel Santmyers

FYI.  Something I failed to mention is where we started out on a static judging system. Before the Scale Masters came along we would put our planes on the ground in the middle of a 30 ft circle to be judged. When the Scale Masters started we did the same. Then came the tables we have all come to know.  Now comes the turntable to "assist" with the judging process that sits on the tables we now have. I'm understand some stands are currently under construction even at this early date in preparation for 2014.   
I know we have had a difficult time especially this last year. In spite of this we had a great finals due in part to some new rules for qualifying. So I continue to be positive although I must admit it ain't easy sometimes. I have written a one page letter that I handed out to 30 people at the finals.  In it I spelled out several issues that we have been confronted with and most importantly will be confronted with if we do not change a few things and that's not just our officers but the contestants themselves.  I do not pretend to know it all.  It was based on what I have seen and these are not really bad things. They are just things that happen in a 35 year old organization.  In closing I want to say that in no way should these things curtail your interest in the Scale Masters. They are simply to help our cause as an organization and to give you a tremendous experience in a very busy RC world.   We are heading to a record 5000 hits on this three view site. So it shows a whole lot of interest However your officers need to know what YOU think.   Mel.